Adult Spiritual Growth
Listed below are many of the new and continuing studies/classes. For a more detailed description, to take a look at sample materials, and/or to register please check out the Adult Spiritual Growth table in the gathering space. We encourage you to register early so we can be assured to have enough materials and proper space.
Please contact Sandy Zirbel, Camp Hill UMC’s Adult Spiritual Director, with questions at SZirbel@camphillumc.org.
- Pioneers (together for over 50 years…all are welcome) Room 7 – Topics vary depending on leader
- Seekers (a mix of ages – all are welcome) Fireside Room – Study of the Old Testament Minor Prophets
- Footprints of God (a mix of ages – all are welcome) Room 2 (lower level) – Fall focus is on Prayer
- Coffee in the Kitchen (for those in the midst of parenting) – Fellowship Hall Kitchen (lower level)
- Walking with God (for new members) w/Pastor Jack – Room 117 Beginning October 15
- Pathfinders (a mix of ages – all are welcome) – Fireside Room – Fall focus is on the Protestant Reformation
Band of Brothers (for men only)
Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity by Qureshi, Nabeel
September 27 – January 10 w/Pastor Sharon
Thursday (2nd & 4th)
Numbers: Learning Contentment in a Culture of More by Melissa Speolstra
Men’s Bible Study
- 8:30am Fireside Room
- The Prayer Room at the back of the Sanctuary is open for individual or group use
An opportunity to grow in relationship with God and others through a meal, Bible study, child and adult music rehearsals, children’s activities, child care provision, kitchen helping and more.
September 13 – December 6
November 1 – Wednesday Night Serve – Groups participate in outreach activities
November 22 – Thanksgiving week – no classes or meal
December 6 – last night of classes and child care
December 13 – last Connection meal until January
Dinner in the Wesley Center
Cost: Adults $5/Children (3-12) $3/Under 3 is free
*No family (parents and children) pays more than $20
**Don’t let cost keep you from enjoying dinner with us. Please talk with a Pastor or Margaret (in the kitchen)
- Arise. Shine. For Your Light Has Come.
All are welcome to join Caroyl Pettis for this two week class.
Wednesday, December 13 &29 @6:15 in the Fireside Room
- J-Term 2018
January 3 – February 7
Creed: What Christians Believe and Why by Adam Hamilton
For Christians and for others seeking faith, some powerful answers to this question are expressed in the Apostle’s Creed, a historic statement of foundational Christian faith. In this compelling book, Adam Hamilton explores what we believe and why.Topics covered: God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit/The Church and the Communion of Saints/The Forgiveness of Sins/The Resurrection of the Body
Stop by the Adult Spiritual Growth table in the Gathering Space to register for a class and order a book. The cost of the book is $11.00.
- Walking with God (for new members)
Led by Pastor Jack
Location: Room 117—beginning October 18
- Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer
Led by Kim Losh
Location: Room 125
- Sol Sisters Get Right with God (6:15)
Led by Caroyl Pettis
Location: Fireside Room