01 Dec December 2018 EMBRACE Highlight
December 2018 EMBRACE Highlight
DECEMBER 1, 2018
Romans 12:13 invites us to “practice hospitality,” and so this month, we share gratitude for the giving that has made possible the ordering of a first stage of new furniture! Couches and love seats should arrive in the Fireside Room and Gathering Space by the end of 2018!
We are so grateful—and we still have Embrace visions that we believe God desires to fulfill before May of 2019! Here are just a few:
• Fulfilling our goal of tithing at least 10 percent of our budget to support mission work! • Finishing Phases 2 & 3 of the Children’s Ministry refurb. • Finishing phase 3 of the Gathering Space & Fireside Room redesign, including permanent signage and additional furniture. • Hiring staff to grow discipleship ministry! • Paying down another $100,000 of debt. • Repairing & automating heating & cooling systems. • Replacing a broken kitchen steamer & the Wesley Center projection screen. • Upgrading the Potter’s House for more meeting space.
If you have already given the fullness of your two-year Embrace Commitment, we are deeply grateful! And we invite you to continue with your accelerated giving, as we seek to bring all these dreams into reality! If you have not yet given to support the vision of Embrace (all of Camp Hill UMC’s unified ministry!), we invite you to pray about it and contact Georgia in the church office with questions—717-737-5631 or email@example.com.
2019 Camp Hill UMC Unified Goals
The Unified Leadership Council has been hard at work, sharing in town hall discussion with the congregation, retreating, praying, and ultimately setting goals for the year 2019 that are driving our process of developing a plan for funding 2019 ministry, setting dates on the 2019 calendar, and our prayer life! We would like to invite you to pray over the goals for 2019, as well!
The goals are:
1. Increase participation of new people in outreach missions and internal ministry opportunities by 10%.
2. Develop and implement a path for adult discipleship.
3. Develop and implement a communication plan to maximize congregational understanding.
4. Achieve attendance increase to 600 on average per week.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these goals, please contact Pastor Gary, Pastor Anna, or any ULC member (camphillumc.org/ulc/).
Thank you for keeping these goals in prayer, as we unite as a congregation to work together toward achieving them. We are excited about what God has yet to do in and through us for the rest of the year and in 2019!