01 Nov November 2019 ONE-FUND Highlight
November 2019 ONE-FUND Highlight
NOVEMBER 1, 2019
Earn. Save. Give. Those are words that you have already started to hear around Camp Hill UMC and they are words that you will be hearing more of throughout the month of November.
Camp Hill UMC will experience an exciting new stewardship program, All You Can, based on author and pastor James A. Harnish’s book, Earn. Save. Give.: Wesley’s Simple Rules for Money. In this year’s campaign you will hear John Wesley’s surprising advice that introduces us each week to the understanding that as faithful Christians, even we struggle with money.
As we start to move toward the celebration of our Commitment Sunday on November 24th, I invite you to follow this simple path:
• Begin with prayer. Thank God for your blessings and ask for guidance and discernment.
• Participate in the All You Can weekly devotional that has been prepared by the Campaign Team here at Camp Hill UMC—they did a great job!
• Assess your income and giving. Determine your current giving as a percentage of your income.
• Set your giving goal. If you are not currently tithing (giving 10% of your income), start with a lower percentage and then plan to increase the percentage each year, growing toward the tithe. The important thing is to begin the spiritual discipline of regular, consistent giving.
• Determine your giving method. Take a look at the ways you can give and select the option that is best for both you and the church.
• Worship with gratitude. Fill out your 2020 annual commitment card and attend worship on November 24th. As a congregation, Camp Hill UMC will express our gratitude to God and present our cards, representing our commitment to God’s ministry through our church.
Annual giving, tithes and offerings make mission and ministry possible at Camp Hill UMC. Your gifts provide life-changing worship and congregational care, opportunities for all ages to learn and grow in faith, and mission ministries that are transforming our community and world. For faithful disciples, stewardship is a way of life that recognizes that everything we have belongs to God, and we are simply managing those resources while on earth. Through stewardship, we are the heart, spirit and hands of God, reaching out in love to share with the world.