As 2020 comes to a close, we are celebrating the ways God has used YOU to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world!
Thank you for the ways you continue to give to the mission and vision of Camp Hill UMC. What a year it has been! Even amid a pandemic, we are a church that celebrates life change, and while numbers aren’t everything, they are incredibly encouraging.
Here are just a few ways God has used you to further the kingdom:
1. Carry out three large-scale events for diverse community engagement.
• Trunk or Treat, held on October 31st, was a tremendous success, as approximately 400 children from Upward, CHUM Preschool, CACCC, CHUM Children, and the community participated.
• Teacher outreach events happened on November 12th, 17th, and 19th (coffee and donuts were served to Camp Hill School District staff at the start of the school day at their respective schools by church staff and pastors, followed up with a letter and prayer poem) with letters written by the congregation/pastors/staff which were distributed as follow-up to Camp Hill schools as well as the Cumberland Perry Vo-Tech!
• Follow the Star, the live Christmas creche, happened on six December evenings with 644 people experiencing the Christmas story!
2. Share in celebrating at least 27 professions and/or reaffirmations of faith.
• It may sound a little crazy, perhaps, but we have welcomed 27 new members at Camp Hill UMC in 2020, including 14 confirmands some of whom have never stepped foot in our building!
3. Fully implement the new discipleship cycle.
• Pastor Jenny Streeter began her appointed part-time position as the Pastor of Discipleship on July 1st. She has worked to help turn the Next Step—Membership class (which she co-led with Pastor Jack Grove) into an offering that is available virtually. We welcomed eight new members in between services on Sunday morning, September 20th and another seven on December 13th!
• First Step and Next Step classes have continued to be developed and offered to members of the congregation. Pastor Jenny has spent time making the discipleship cycle easier to understand so that everyone has the opportunity to participate in all parts of it! With a leadership development pathway being developed for 2021, we continue to move forward in meeting goal three.
Create and implement an online worship experience that is distinct from and in addition to our current online and in-person services so that we can minister to a new, different, or underserved demographic.
Create a culture of open conversation and two-way communication so that truth and transparency will lead to the unhindered proclamation of the Gospel.
(Ephesians 4:25 & 29)
Carry out three externally-focused mission opportunities (virtual or in-person) so that people will experience the presence, love, and grace of God.
Create and implement a leadership development pathway enabling the whole church to identify, equip, and empower new leaders so that individuals can live out their callings and ministries can grow in breadth, depth, and diversity.