01 Jan January 2020 ONE-FUND Highlight
January 2020 ONE-FUND Highlight
JANUARY 1, 2020
Where did your giving go?
We celebrate with great joy that we were able to support the extensive mission and ministry of the 13 million-person, worldwide United Methodist Church in the year 2019 by supplying $228,140 to meet 100 percent of our commitment to support our Shares of Ministry! Shares of Ministry support a wide variety of ministries in the global church—including, but not limited to:
• World Service Funds supporting vital ministries of intercultural competency, equity, and global missions
• Support for Africa University in Zimbabwe
• Funding for the Black College Fund
• Susquehanna Conference programming that seeks to grow disciples of Jesus Christ and equip vital congregations
• Social ministries grants that impact local communities in our conference
• Funding for the Neighborhood Center in Harrisburg and the United Methodist Home for Children in Mechanicsburg
• Funding for new church development, faith community revitalizations, and training for lay people and clergy
• Support for the Ministerial Education Fund, which undergirds students in seminary and continuing education
• Salary support for bishops, district superintendents, conference, and denominational staff
• Equitable salary support and other assistance for ethnic and small membership churches
• Administration of pensions and health insurance, including for retired clergy and spouses, seminarians, and persons on disability
• And so…much…more!
Thank you for the tremendous generosity that has enabled mission and ministry to happy in 2019 around the world!
Where will your giving go?
In 2020, our commitment is to supply $210,672 to the global United Methodist Church to support Shares of Ministry! When you give to the one-fund, you help extend Jesus’ reach locally and far beyond our doorstep!
What are our all-church 2020 goals?
1. Carry out three large-scale events for diverse community engagement.
2. Share in celebrating at least 12 professions and/or reaffirmations of faith.
3. Fully implement the new discipleship cycle.