13 Mar Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update for March 13, 2020
MARCH 13, 2020
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth should change,
though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult. (Psalm 46: 1-2)
In the times in which we find ourselves, it is important, as we are reminded in Psalm 46, to place our continued faith in our God who remains constant. I pray that for many of us our fears may be calmed, our anxieties lowered and that we would experience the peace that surpasses all understanding. As your pastor, I want to connect with you and let you know our staff at Camp Hill United Methodist Church has been taking steps in preparing to ensure the safety of all of our people. You are about to read our present plan of how we will deal with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) at Camp Hill UMC. If you find that you have any symptoms of illness, we ask you to care for yourselves and others and stay home, seeking medical attention if necessary. In this season, please email email@example.com to let us know if you are ill, so we can check in on you and pray for you.
Grace and peace to you,
Pastor Gary Weaver
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS SUNDAY
Camp Hill UMC will gather this Sunday, March 15th, for all four worship services and Sunday School with some modifications. If at any point this changes, we will update this page immediately.
- There will be no beverages or baked goods served. Please bring your own coffee from home if that is a necessity.
- There will be no Hymnals or Bibles in the Sanctuary pews. We will be projecting all text on the screen. Feel free to bring your Bible from home. If you do not own a Bible, we would be happy to add one to your personal library. Please see Sandy Zirbel at the Discovery Hub before or after services.
- The Sunday morning Worship Bus to Bethany Village and Messiah College is suspended.
- New Life will be serving a modified Communion. Please wait for your Communion server to hand you the elements.
- There will be no passing of the offering plates, but you will be invited to walk your offering and prayer requests forward personally to share them. Electronic giving is also always an option.
- Please refrain from handshakes and hugs as you greet people and pastors. A friendly wave or head nod is best!
- Please recycle your bulletins at home or in the bins provided at the back of the worship services.
- There will be no Connection Pads available to sign in. If you are able, please sign in using our digital platform via Church Center app (Apple or Google Play).
- If you are feeling sick or running a fever, the best way that you can love your neighbor is by staying home and joining us online! We will live stream both worship services this Sunday. Celebration will be recorded at 9:30 am and New Life will be at 11:00 am. You can find a link to our live stream on our home page at camphillumc.org or on our Facebook page.
WHAT TO EXPECT IF WE CLOSE
Our benchmarks for Camp Hill UMC closure are government declaration, our Bishop’s request, or closure of the Camp Hill School District. If any of the above occurs, we will offer a modified worship experience via live stream only. You can find a link to our live stream on our home page at camphillumc.org or on our Facebook page*. You can receive messages about our closures from our home page at camphillumc.org, our Facebook page, our app, CBS21, ABC27, and WITF.
*Note: You do not need a Facebook account to view our live stream.
PRAY FOR TEAM PANGUMA
Team Panguma is in spiritual discernment about altering their trip. The team is comprised of Denise Paran, Drew Robeson, Beth Notarfrancesco, Marsha Banks, Jim Clahane, Bob Sturman and Ben Williams! They were to depart Monday, March 30th and return Saturday, April 11th. Please join us in praying for them.
Amidst concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to let you know how Camp Hill UMC is responding.
Our leadership team is carefully and continually monitoring this situation. We are committed to doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for our church family and the surrounding community.
You can find current cancellations and the most up-to-date information by visiting: camphillumc.org/coronavirus.